1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons minced white onion
2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3 cups low fat milk – heated
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1-184 grams Century Tuna Chunks in Water – drained
2 tablespoons minced canned pimientos
500 grams cooked egg noodles (from 250 grams uncooked)
3/4 teaspoon salt, or according to taste
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a stockpot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and green bell peppers. Sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add flour and white pepper. Cook until bubbly.
- Stir in hot milk and Worcestershire sauce. Cook stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes to let flavors blend. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream sauce, Century Tuna, egg noodles and pimientos. Pour into an ovenproof dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over noodles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is browned and casserole is heated through.
- Serve hot.